Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI 2! GALAXIAN RIP-OFF!


SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI 2! GALAXIAN RIP-OFF!






VISIT MY FACEBOOK PAGE HERE

               After a brigade of reviews of local branded phones, I pause from the local brand and take review a phone from a giant company. Previous reviews include the blockbuster Cherry Mobile Flare, Cherry Mobile Titan and MyPhone A919 Duo, with some reviews pitting each of the phones. Titan VS Flare Here and A919 vs Titan Here. Back to the topic, this phone was purchased about half a year ago, and it costed a whopping P9000(Approximately $225). Initially, I was shocked at that price for the phone and I have to be completely honest with you. I hate this phone so much, this will be my first bash-like review. For me, this is the king of rip offs under 10000. If you plan to buy this phone better read this and get a heads up. For the ludicrous price, what does it offer that makes your money worth? Read on and be  DISAPPOINTED HAHAHAHA

1. THE PACKAGE (9 out of 10)

Taken From GSMARENA



1.1 The BOX
                Fifth time, the box and its package plays an important selling point on any product. The box feels expensive and it is an eye candy for me, a definite plus one. I’m a sucker for the yellow color so it was another hook. Other than that, I found nothing else special.

1.2 What’s in the Box?

TAKEN FROM GSMARENA


            Unboxing time! Probably its only jewel, it contains standard Samsung Package, I have always admired Samsung Stock products, package include a very good quality headset, I use it on my S2 and find it very pleasing, a relatively fast charger, useless manuals.


2. PHONE SUPERFICIALITY (8 out of 10)










                The only thing I found impressive about this phone is its cute yellow color. Nothing else. The top houses the 3.5mm jack, sides include the Power, volume rocker and microSD slot and the bottom has the microUSB port. On the eyes of some people some may find this phone cute, but with a barrage of Pocket, Fit, Mini and Young this phone looks like another low end phone with a ridiculously high price tag. I dropped this phone, with rubber casing, of course, good thing it still works.

3. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION



3.1 Speakers (6.2 out of 10)


                Having been a constant fan of Samsung S2, I would expect a sound output. Loudspeaker is definitely fine but I ahrdly think anyone would use this for loudspeaker music listening and earplugs attached, it’s just disappointing even with the amazing Samsung stock headset. Very saddening.

3.2 Display / Video Playback (5.8 out of 10)



                Yes. I am very disappointed at Samsung for releasing this device. For a medium-range phone price, it’s very absurd to give it a lowly 256k colors. Video playback is relatively fine for low sized videos. Lags are very noticeable and annoying on videos of higher size and resolution. Definitely not recommended for movie watching.

3.3 Gaming (5.7 out of 10)




                An important aspect on an Android phone is gaming. This phone is able to play non mainstream games fine but playing the likes of fruit ninja, temple run and others is a pain and very frustrating. My friend was able to install a lot of games on the phone but it is just not a very enjoyable experience givence its anaemic display and painstakingly slow processor. I did not bother to put any HD game here as I might throw this at my wall
           
3.4 Camera (2.3 out of 10)













These Images are Images from Mini 2.
Coming from a Giant company with a preposterous price tag, you might wonder where exactly is its selling point? I am saddened to inform you the camera disappoints as well. Yeah it’s only 3.2 MegaPixels but hey, my Nokia 6630’s 1.3Mp camera shoots way better photos than this piece of shit. It doesn’t even have flash! If you are looking for a camera phone, look elsewhere as there are much more choices at that incongruous price.  Camera is very important to me so this is just a heart breaking rip-off shit.

3.5 Need for Speed (4.2 out of 10)



RAM and Clockspeed Review

                Many of you might wonder, what are RAM and the Clockspeed for? Should I go for higher RAM, fewer clocks or vice versa? The answer depends on how you use the phone. Random Access Memory (RAM) is used to determine how many apps your unit can run simultaneously. So bigger RAM means you can multi-task much more applications without worrying about lagging on the system.
                Clockspeed is used to determine how fast your system will run a certain application. Simply put, higher Clockspeed means faster phone. THIS IS THE GENERAL IDEA ON RAM AND CLOCKSPEED. Factors on speed are also determined by the chipset architecture, GPU, etc.
                The Galaxy Mini 2 performs at a level on par with the Galaxy Young, this statement is based on my experience, so it is very disappointing that this phone performs at a level equal to half its price. Very non-sensical of Samsung. Seriously, Sony Ericsson Xperia phones of last year performs faster than this. My Sony Xperia Mini Pro easily outruns this garbage at price 2000 cheaper. As of now, Lazada still sells this phone at 9000.

3.6 User-Friendliness (6.7 out of 10)

                This phone was released in 2012 yet it came with an outdated Gingerbread. Sure the phones’ capability can only hold Gingerbread and the aforementioned version is stable but hey, my money deserves much more in my humble opinion. I really hope custom roms can save this phone’s life.

3.7 Battery (10 out of 10)
                Finally, I have found a strong point of this phone! Sporting a 1200mah battery, it has been able to stay for up at least two days of medium use including gaming, watching and music playback. I have to bash, given its relatively small screen with disappointing display you would expect a good battery performance from this phone.

CONCLUSION

GALAXY HIGH PRICE WITH A MINI VALUE  (6.64 out of 10) 

* Performance is 70%, Package and Looks are both 15% for the total of 100% YEHEY I KNOW MATH :))

                My Verdict? The biggest waste of money ever! Seriously, at a price of 7000, you could get a much more capable and powerful Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. At P9000, you could go to the second hand market and get 2nd handed 4.3 Inch phones, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, Arc S, Motorola Photon 4G,  there are definitely a lot of better phones out there than this trainwreck nonsensically over-priced phone.  HELL! Even the P4000 Cherry Mobile Flare would kick this phone’s arse on any level you could think of. If this phone is priced at say 4-5k it would make a little sense, but given the number of choices and the bombardment of affordable phones released by rebranders, this phone just fails to justify its price in the market. If anyone of you enjoyed this phone at that price do tell me, I really need advice on how to look at this phone at a different angle. The Ball Busting P9000 is a ball buster on all angles I can look at. Samsung must have thought, we're at the top lets see if we can get more money by renaming Galaxy Y with Galaxy Mini 2 and price it twice the young. With all honesty, I feel sorry for buyers of this phone. This is just my two cents. Haters gonna hate.



No comments:

Post a Comment