Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!! THE WRATH OF THE CHERRY MOBILE TITAN


RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!
THE WRATH OF THE CHERRY MOBILE TITAN



VISIT MY FACEBOOK PAGE HERE
*** CHERRY MOBILE FLARE VS  CHERRY MOBILE TITAN HERE ***
*****CHERRY MOBILE TITAN VS MYPHONE A919 HERE

Cry For Help: Hi Guys! Baka pwede manghingi donations para funds for review, para pati branded phones ma-tackle ko na din, Click donate sa side sa mga bukal sa loob magdonate, salamat ulit sa views guys! :)


                Here it is! One of the most anticipated AFFORDABLE Android Smartphone of this season.The Cherry Mobile Titan! Boasting a 5 Inch display with the standard 512 RAM partnered with Triple Dual Prowess, Dual-Sim, Dual-Core, DUAL-SIM. Let me give you my insights about this phone, if you get a bang for the buck or bang to the ground. Suggested price at P6499, what do you get?

Oh yeah, Cherry Mobile SkyFire review is out :)

1. THE PACKAGE ( 7.5 out of 10)

1.1  The BOX
                A major factor for selling a product aside from the product itself is of course the packaging. The box itself looks like a normal phone, nothing special, nothing to grab the attention of a normal buyer especially with the Cherry Mobile logo. Let’s face it guys, all of us who had had a Cherry Phone had bad experiences so there is a high possibility that you would avoid this brand if possible. Taking a look at the box, unless you’re a technogeek, you would be swooned by its specs.  Here is what the box says:

Android 4.0
1Ghz Dual-Core
5 Inch Screen
4GB ROM, 512 RAM
Expandable Memory
5Mp Rear, VGA Cam
POWERED BY MEDIATEK
*Mediatek is a semiconductor company from Taiwan who actually provide good chips

1.2 What’s in the Box?


                Opening the box you see a free flip cover. This is an alternate cover for the back of your phone. You have to remove the back and replace it with this one. This cover actually has a nice feature, it puts your phone to sleep when you cover it!
                Removing the white thing you get your manual, which you won’t read unless you have any trouble. You get a mediocre set of earphones, your charger and the USB Cable. I would like to add that the quality of the cable seems pretty weak and fragile, the moment I used it, it feels as if it would break. Take good care of your cable folks, its not as rugged as the Nokia Cables!

2. PHONE SUPERFICIALITY (6.9 out of 10)



                Here it is the phone! If you think holding this phone would make you look cheap, you  are mistaken my good friend. This phone actually feels like an expensive executive phone, not only feel but it looks good too! The phone has a volume rocker on the top right side, the top side has the power button, USB port and the earphone slot, The bottom has the mic, obviously, and the back has speakers. The front has three capacitive buttons, Menu, Home and Back.
                This is a very solid looking phone except for a flaw, both the back covers are fingerprint and smudge magnets. A simple touch and it looks like it has been raped by many hands over and over. Adding to your disdain, the smudge is kind of hard to remove by simply wiping them, a hard wipe is required, so if you want your phone to look high class always buy a protector ASAP. I can foresee that continued usage without a protective cover will result to a cheap looking dirty uncleanable toy.

3. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION


3.1 Speakers (10 out of 10)
                Lets start with simple performance check. The loud speaker of this phone is superb. I have always fancied the loudspeaker of Cherry Phones or any china phone for that matter. On a noisy crowd you would still be able to hear whatever you are listening too. Earphones attached, this phone offers high fidelity to your tunes. When calling someone, this phone offers good quality on both ends.

3.2 Display / Media Playback (7 out of 10)


                Boasting a 5 inch display, you might expect a screen boasting with lively colors. Sad to say the colors are kind of pale. This maybe due to its 800x480 display. Expect pixelations on some of your videos, but this is hardly noticeable. I have managed to play a 2Gb 1080p Avengers movie here smoothly using MX Player Pro. I have to add that the stock Video Player sucks to the point it is unusable due to its lack of support on other filetypes.

3.3 Gaming (9 out of 10)
                Another factor for choosing Android is its relatively huge number of Games available. Playing Games on the Cherry Titan is actually very smooth. For other phones at the price of 6500, this is arguably the best! I NEVER had lags while playing mainstream games such as Air Control, angry Birds, Fruit Ninja,Temple Run, Plant Wars and many more. Compared to Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S the Titan overpowers it. I would say the gaming experience is comparable to my Samsung Galaxy S2 4G LTE but this phone is nowhere near the power of the Motorola Photon 4G. Message me up for some games you like me to try I’ll give them a go.
                Of course, I would not forget HD Gaming, unfortunately I only have 2k13 here and it played a little laggy. I’m not an HD Gamer as I am a console and handheld gamer, so I will not sourgrape about this sector.

3.4 Camera (3 out of 10)






These Images are from Titan.
                I am not a photographer but I can see shit from not. If this camera would be compared to OEM cameras, this is not bad, but coming from Nokia, Sony and Samsung, this is awfulness to the next level. I would prefer my E72 anyday over this quality, heck I would even prefer to whip out my Nokia 6630 instead of this! The output image is a whopping 400Kb images I mean What the hell man? Seriously? I am not angry or anything and I would point out that I did not expect good image quality, I mean what would you expect from that price? The important thing is it is dual camera so you can actually skype and video call your friends and that’s about it. The camera is for show and the front is for skype and Video Call, I would seriously laugh at your vanity if you would bear to use its front camera for self-portraits. Well to each is his own. Moving on..

3.5 Need for Speed (9 out of 10)


RAM and Clockspeed Review

                Many of you might wonder, what is RAM and the clockspeed for? Should I go for higher RAM, less clock or vice versa? The answer depends on how you use the phone. Random Acess Memory (RAM) is used to determine how many apps your unit can run simultaneously. So bigger RAM means you can multi-task much more applications without worrying about lagging on the system.
                Clockspeed is used to determine how fast your system will run a certain application. Simply put, higher clockspeed means faster phone. THIS IS THE GENERAL IDEA ON RAM AND CLOCKSPEED. Factors on speed is determined by the chipset architecture.
                What can I say? This phone is really fast. I’m not just comparing the phone to other phone in its price range but in general. Sorry to offend users but I firmly believe this phone outruns THE WHOLE SONY ERICSSON XPERIA LINE-UP, Galaxy Y, Galaxy S Advance ( Sorry Raemart), and other single-core phones under 800Mhz Clockspeed.
                The 512Mb is a bit dated but it is a standard for mid-range phone so its not half bad. Unless you multi-taks a lot this phone would surely frustrate you.

3.6 User-Friendliness (10 out of 10)
                Bias Time. Sporting my preferred Operating system with a stable Ice Cream sandwich version. This is very user-friendly. If you are the picky type who want comfort while using this phone, The high number of application will keep you searching and customizing till you have a unique Android phone on your hand. For first timers, like from Symbian, transition maybe initially drastic but you will learn to love this more than Symbian, I know I did. Coming from iOS, I would say a minimal change, if you picked this one up just for experimenting, I would think that most of you will shift back to your iPhone in no time. But if you picked this up because you are tired of the iOS, this phone offers a lot of potential for you especially if you are a tech geek. Aside from the thousand apps available from the market. Custom Roms are also available for this phone. Though I’m not sure where to find as this phone is an OEM product.

3.7 Battery (7 out of 10)
                Here it is the factor in which both Cherry and Android Fails, The battery life. For the Titan I would give it a thumbs up. I have just used it for about 10Min Video, 5 Minutes Music, 10 Minute Gaming, about an hour of browsing via wifi, and a couple of minutes to install apps, and I would am stunned to see battery still above the 50% Mark. I have just bought this about 3pm and have used it ever since. I bought it at about 70% battery. I am yet to fully stress test the battery but I can see a respectable battery life! Kudos to Cherry and Android!

CONCLUSION





Triple Dutch (7.655 out of 10) 
* Performance is 70%, Package and Looks are both 15% for the total of 100% YEHEY I KNOW MATH :))

                Dual-Core, Dual Cam and of course, Dual-Sim, this is a phone for everyone.  Honestly the mere fact that an Android would support two sims seemed an impossibility, and sporting two cores with two seems was beyond impossibility, I am proud of Cherry for making a VERY affordable phone with specifications mildly comparable to high end phones out today. This phone only made me more excited for the release of the mighty Cherry Flare!

1 comment:

  1. Hi , ask ko lang nung hawak mo po siya. hindi ba sobrang laki ? hindi ba mahirap magtext kung isang kamay lang for a teenager ? hahaha, just wondering. bbili din ako ganyan eh kaso parang sobrang laki.

    ReplyDelete